Help, I have no Renters Insurance and my home is flooded

If you are a tenant victim of the Oklahoma Flooding and Tornado Disaster and you do not have renters insurance, don’t panic! You may be eligible for the FEMA Disaster Renter Relief Program.

These programs were created to assist renters and tenants during a natural disaster like the great Oklahoma Flood whose lives and livelihoods are thrown into turmoil by a disaster.

The programs offered through FEMA is available after President Donald Trump declared the event a disaster in the state of Oklahoma and may be only available to certain counties as FEMA accesses the damages. 

If you are in a qualifying area, then renters displaced by the flooding may be eligible for federal disaster assistance, including grants from FEMA and low-interest disaster loans form the U.S. Small Business Administration. (You do not have to have business).

FEMA offers eligible renters grants for rental assistance. These grants help pay for temporary housing while a damaged home or apartment is being repaired. 

There are other grants offered by FEMA under FEMA’s other Needs Assistance Program. These grants help uninsured or underinsured victims with expenses and serious needs caused by the certain storms or flooding which may include:

* Child Care

* Moving and Storage Expenses

* Disaster-Related Funeral and Burial Expenses

* Repair or Replacement of storm-damaged personal property, including furniture and appliances, as well as job-related tools and equipment required by the self-employed. 

* Primary vehicles, and approved second or modified vehicles damaged by the disaster.

In addition to eligible grants, the SBA offers low-interest disaster loans with rates that remain fixed for the life of the loan ranging from 4% to 8%. Renters may be eligible to borrow up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged personal property, including automobiles.

Renter Applicants may apply online for an SBA loan using the electronic loan application at the secure website by clicking here.

Oklahomans renters can register for disaster assistance in the following ways:

* Online at

* Phone 800-621-3362 (FEMA). Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585. Applicants who use 711 or Video Relay Service may also call 800-621-3362. The toll-free numbers are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week. Multilingual operators are available.

* FEMA grants do not have to be paid back.  FEMA assistance is nontaxable and will not affect eligibility for Social Security, Medicaid or other federal benefits. 

* You should register even if you have renters insurance. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but underinsured renter applicants may receive help after their claims have been settled. 

For those of you who are currently displaced renters or tenants that wish to relocate into a different location for housing. We have a no qualifying, no, credit, no bank requirement, rent to own homes whereby a tenant will put a downpayment down and pay the regular fair market rents, but each month a percentage of the rents is applied towards the purchase price of the home-thus overtime the tenant will own the property free-n-clear. If you are interested in learning more about this please complete the fast response form below or call us toll-free at 855-503-1008.


(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)